Below you can find the ‘general website term and conditions’ and the ‘general booking terms and conditions’.
General website Terms and Conditions
2. GENERAL OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USER
It is possible to make reservations for villa’s and accommodation through the Site, although the contracting party in contracts entered into through the Site or e-mail, whose object is the rendering of travel services, will be another entity of Marinha Guincho and parent company Criva LDA, duly licensed and identified in the General Booking Terms. Cascais Villa merely offers the platform on which the User hires the services, and will not therefore be liable for any problems arising from the fulfillment of such contracts.
Under no circumstances must the User use the Site for any other purposes other than the purpose of the Site, including illegal purposes, or any other ends that may be considered harmful to the market image of Cascais Villa. Usurping, counterfeiting, and using usurped or counterfeited content, as well as non legitimate identification and unfair competition are criminal offenses punished by law. Additionally, the User must not create or place on the Site any type of virus or programs that may harm or contaminate it, and must not advise others to do so.
In order to access certain Services and restricted areas of the Site, the User may be required to provide some personal data (such as identification and contact details), in the scope of the registration process for the creation of a User account at the Site (“User Account”). A valid e-mail address, to which the user has the right to legitimately access, must be provided, as well as any other information necessary for the conclusion of the registration process. The information provided must be updated, complete and accurate.
The User is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her/its password. In case the User detects illicit use of his/her/its User Account, he/she/it must immediately communicate the occurrence to Cascais villa. Notwithstanding, he/she/it may answer for the illicit use of his/her/its User Account or password before Cascais Villa or a third party.
The User Account may only be used by a third party with consent from the account holder. The User is the sole responsible for any damage deriving from or loss of profit caused by his/her/its illicit conduct while using the Site and the Services, and for the Contents he/she/it makes available on the Site.
In case Cascais Villa deactivates, or in any other way prevents the User from accessing his/her/its User Account, the User understands and accepts that he/she/it may be prevented from accessing certain restricted areas of the Site, his/her/its User Account details or any contents therein.
3. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF CASCAIS VILLA MANAGEMENT
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND PERSONALITY RIGHTS
Brands and related material
Cascais Villa website was build on the open source framework called WordPress. The license under which the WordPress software is released is the GPLv2 (or later) from the Free Software Foundation.
General booking terms and conditions
1. These are the rental conditions of Marinha Guincho and parent company Criva LDA. ‘The Unit’ means the holiday unit available for occupation. The ‘Owner’ refers to Marinha Guincho, who owns the ‘Unit’. The ‘Guest’ means the person(s) who has (have) booked the Unit for holiday purposes through Cascais Villa with Marinha Guincho as mentioned on the ‘Booking Form’, ‘The Period’ means the period of time agreed with Cascais Villa for the occupation of the Unit by the guest as stated on ‘the Booking form’. The contract of hire shall be between the Guest and Marinha Guincho. Cascais Villa merely acts as intermediary for Marinha Guincho.
2. The Unit is to be occupied by the guest and his/her specified party members for the holiday purposes only as mentioned in the terms of article 1095° of the Portuguese Civil code and the Guest acknowledges that the Tenancy granted by this contract during the period is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
3. The maximum number of guests on site must not exceed the ‘Number of Guests’ stated in your “Booking Form”. As such, parties, meetings, etc., are expressly forbidden. Guest(s) will peacefully and quietly occupy the Unit and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to the neighbours (if there are any). Guest(s) will not permit activities on the Unit that are contrary to any law, ordinance and/or applicable health or fire provisions. Violation of this clause will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
4. At the end of the Period the Guest shall leave the Unit and its furniture, fixtures and fittings and all other contents in the same state of repair, clean and tidy condition as it was found at the commencement of the Period. Any breakage, loss or damage arising during the Period must be reported by the Guest to the Marinha Guincho staff immediately. The Marinha Guincho staff shall be entitled to charge for the cost of repair or replacement or to deduct such sums from any security deposit paid by the Guest. Guest responsibility is not limited to the Damage Deposit amount.
5. Marinha Guincho and/or Cascais Villa shall be entitled at any time to enter into the Unit to examine its conditions and the condition of its furniture, fixtures and contents.
6. Marinha Guincho and/or Cascais Villa accept no responsibility for personal injury to Guests, or loss of or damage to the Unit or for other matters over which Marinha Guinco and/or Cascais Villa has no control.
7. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that statements, descriptions and particulars of the Unit are accurate and that the Unit will be available for the Guest as arranged, Cascais Villa will not be liable if the Unit does not meet the requirement of the Guest(s). Prior to concluding this contract the Guest(s) must ensure that the Unit they have chosen is entirely suitable for all members of their party.
Within a week after booking Cascais Villa must have received 50% of total rent. Once the booking has been made by the Guest they are responsible for the balance payment, which shall be paid 30 days before commencement of the Period. A damage deposit of €150 must be paid in cash upon arrival. The damage deposit will be returned once full inspection of the Unit has been carried out. If any damage to the Unit is found, Cascais Villa, either in full or part, will retain the deposit. The damage deposit will be returned to the guest after inspection. Where the booking is made within 1 month of the commencement of the Period it must be paid in full.
8. If the Guest requires canceling his/her booking they must notify Cascais Villa immediately. Cascais Villa will make reasonable endeavors to obtain a replacement booking but if it fails to do so the Guest loose the deposit, in case of cancellation less than 1 month before commencement of the Period, total amount is not refundable, unless Cascais Villa find a replacement booking. In case Cascais Villa finds a replacement booking, the Guest pays a cancellation fee of 20% of total rent.
9. The Agency reserves the right to charge an administration fee of €50 in respect of any alterations made to a booking after the booking confirmation has been issued by Cascais Villa.
10. Check-in is at 4pm, check-out is at 11am. Non-standard check-in and check-out times must be approved by Cascais Villa in writing.
11. In the event of the Unit becoming unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of Cascais Villa, the Agency will endeavor to provide suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment.
12. Marinha Guincho and/or Cascais Villa reserve the right to alter or withdraw facilities or amenities which have been advertised or previously available without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and other circumstances beyond their control.
13. In the event of there being a complaint concerning the Unit the matter must be taken up immediately by the Guest with Marinha Guincho staff whose name will have been supplied by Cascais Villa. Cascais Villa regrets that it is unable to deal with a complaint after the Guest has left the property or returned home.
14. Guest may not let, sublet, or assign this rental agreement.
15. This agreement does not create a long-term tenancy for the Unit. Guest can be removed from the Unit without process of law if they do not depart at the last day of The Period indicated on the ‘Booking Form’.
16. Bookings cannot be accepted by persons under the age of 18 years.
17. The Contract shall be governed solely by these conditions of business and shall be subject to the laws of Portugal.
18. The complimentary concierge service provided by Cascais Villa is merely a consult for the convenience of ‘guests’. Cascais Villa will not be liable for any problems arising from the fulfillment of bookings with third parties such as car rental, restaurant bookings, leisure activities etc. Cascais Villa accepts no responsibility for personal injury to Guests using a third party service recommended and/or booked through the complimentary concierge service.